Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Time to give back
We try to inspire our students to create a better world and volunteerism is a central theme in this discussion. We don’t only talk about sharing our time, we lead by example and here are just some of the activities that our staff support:
Works as a volunteer speech and language therapist at the Dalwood Spilstead Centre in Seaforth for one morning each week.
Sam and Clare Hawkins
Volunteer their time at Bilgola Surf Lifesaving Club Nippers Program supporting western suburbs children.
Volunteers with multiple charities including:
- Camp Goodtime where she attends a camp with kids and their families affected by HIV.
- Basket Brigade, helping them pack and deliver hampers for people that need them at Christmas
- Ronald McDonald House, supporting their ‘Meals from the Heart’ program where she helps organise work volunteers to make meals at Randwick to serve for families of sick children.
- Recreation and Peer Support (RAPS), by assisting people with disabilities in the community, going on outings like movies or bowling
Volunteer Community Fire Fighter at Manly Vale.
Helps the Royal Women’s Hospital at Randwick, by supporting the Mum’s Playgroup Christmas Party. She helps organise the Santa photos, act as Santa’s helpers, sells handmade goods to raise money for the neonatal and research side of the hospital, and distributes presents that have been donated to the parents of the babies presently in ICU.
Works with several groups including:
- Ski Mission where she helps provide water-skiing and water-sports for marginalised and at-risk youth and those from remote areas.
- She also attends Brightwaters Camp in January annually to support out-of-home-stay adolescents providing water sports.
- Sunday School Church Leader.
Has been running the 1st Narrabeen Scout Group for more than 13 years.
For more than 20 years Lorna has been supporting young teenagers on the street in the Melbourne municipality of Stonnington who are in need of mentoring or support.
Her continuous and long-term voluntary involvement in the Australian Air Force Cadets has earned her the newly created role of Director of Diversity in the Diversity and Inclusion Directorate in the Australian Air Force Cadets. This position comes with the rank of Wing Commander. It is a three-year post, with scope to extend it.
Volunteer Fire Fighter at RFS Belrose.
Congratulations to all those who give their time so generously to such a wonderful variety of causes and charities.