Pittwater House School is committed to protecting your privacy. Information collected about you is simply for feedback purposes, in order to process your orders and requests for information or to inform you about our services.
Tell us what you think
We encourage feedback and any questions you may have about privacy or any other matter. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contact us.
Keeping in Touch
We may, from time to time, send you an email regarding our products or services. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us and we will remove you from our distribution list.
Standard Collection Notice
- The School collects personal information, including sensitive information about students and parents or guardians before and during the course of a student's enrolment at the School. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling to the student and to enable them to take part in all the activities of the School.
- Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School's legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
- Laws governing or relating to the operation of a school require certain information to be collected and disclosed. These include relevant Education Acts, and Public Health and Child Protection laws.
- Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time.
- The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes, including to facilitate the transfer of a student to another school. This includes to other schools, government departments, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, sports coaches, volunteers and counsellors.
- Personal information collected from students is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
- The School may store personal information in the 'cloud' which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
- As you may know the School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School's fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and similar news is published in School newsletters, the School Annual and on our website. Photographs of student activities such as sporting events, school camps and school excursions may be taken for publication in School newsletters, the School Annual and within the School community and on the public internet.
- We may include photographs or other identifying material in promotional material for the school or otherwise make it available to the public such as on the internet unless the parent or guardian (of students under 18) or students 18 years or older choose to submit the Photo/Film Opt Out Form via Skoolbag.
- We may include students' and students' parents' contact details in a class list and School directory after your permission has been sought.