The Junior School has dedicated buildings and playgrounds specially equipped for students of this age group and access to all specialised learning resources (teachers, tools and classrooms) of the School.
Specialist Teaching Spaces
The Junior School classrooms are well equipped with resources that enhance the learning experience for our students and specialist teachers come in to teach music, art, drama, library, physical education, technology, foreign languages and science. The number of specialist teachers increases as the students enter higher grades.
- Great Hall - for assemblies, theatrical performances, displays, Chapel services and School functions
- Music Room - for class music lessons
- The Deck - for a variety of purposes, from outdoor assembly and Chapel services to grade and stage group activities, drama, dance and visiting entertainment
- Library and Resource Centre - for specialist library lessons as well as for research purposes and book borrowing
- Junior Playground - further adding to the open space our students enjoy, our new junior playground includes a soft fall area, new equipment and grassed area for general play.
- Health Centre - with full time nursing sister for the health and well-being of all students.
Specialist sporting venues on campus
- Short course heated Olympic swimming pool - built to FINA specifications, used for swimming classes for Years 1 to 6 and for swimming carnivals
- Central Playing Field - for Physical Education lessons and a variety of sporting activities
- All-weather courts - for netball, tennis and basketball throughout the year
- Sports Complex - for general indoor sports, fitness, weights, gymnastics and dancing
To find out more about the facilities at Pittwater House please see click here.